Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pink Playhouse in Augusta Georgia Sued

from TODAY.com “The general reaction is, ‘Are you kidding me?’’’ Rogers-Peck . “They’re suing you over a pink playhouse?’ They're policing us like we're in a communist country, and it's just ridiculous. Every once in a while, you’ve got to stand your ground.’’

A woman in Augusta, Ga., is being sued by the homeowners association of her Mill Haven neighborhood over the color of a pink playhouse that she built in the backyard.

“I totally agree with the rules if it’s a shed or a garage, but I consider this play equipment like a trampoline or a swingset,’’ Rogers-Peck said. “Originally, I was just going to buy a Little Tikes Playhouse, and what would have been the difference? I would venture to say 90 percent of people I've had contact with, through messages, emails, or comments that think this is absurd as you can get.”

“If you don’t like the way we’re doing business, elect a new board,’’ Bradley said at the meeting. 

“I honestly don't know if [Bradley] has a problem with it,’’ Rogers-Peck said. “She is doing this because the other directors had told her to as the president. I don't think she would have gone as far as a lawsuit.’’
"I personally would have never done anything, if I hadn’t gotten formal complaints,’’ Bradley said at Tuesday’s meeting.
Little Aubree is aware of all the furor surrounding her backyard playhouse.
“She knows exactly what's going on, and she is very upset about it,’’ Rogers-Peck said. “She is scared they might make us tear it down.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment